Resident Evil 6
Blending action and survival horror, Resident Evil™ 6 promises to be the dramatic horror experience of 2012. Resident Evil favourites Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield are joined by
new characters, including Jake Muller, to face a new horror, the highly virulent C-virus, as the narrative moves between North America, the war-torn Eastern European state of Edonia and
the Chinese city of Lanshiang. Joining this cast will be presidential aide Derek Simmons who vows to track down Leon for his involvement in the President’s death and femme fatale, Ada
Wong. But what part will Ada play as the story unravels and does she have ties to the mysterious Neo-Umbrella?
With three distinct, yet interwoven story threads, each with their own pair of protagonists for either solo or co-op play, both offline and online, not only will Resident Evil 6 deliver both
different perspectives and gameplay styles but, with the introduction of the innovative Crossover mechanic players will be able to team up and share the horror. At key moments during
the game, up to four players can join together online to tackle a specific situation, with some stages seeing the usual partnerships swapped to further increase the depth of gameplay.
- Horror on a global scale – No longer confined to a specific location, the outbreak of the C-virus is
worldwide with the action taking place in North America, Eastern Europe and China.
- Multiple characters and intertwined storylines – Experience the horror playing as Leon S. Kennedy, BSAA
member Chris Redfield, and son of Albert Wesker, Jake Muller; with their respective partners US government
agent Helena Harper, BSAA member Piers Nivans and Sherry Birkin.
- Not only does each story cross paths, but so does the action – At significant points when the narrative
draws pairs of characters together, the all new Crossover mechanic allows up to four players to experience
the horror together online.
- Solo or co-op – Resident Evil 6 Delivers both single and two player co-op gameplay either offline or online.
- A new challenge – Confront the results of the C-virus in all its varied and deadly forms.
- Zombies make a return to the Resident Evil series, but can now run, jump at players and even use
weapons, making them far more challenging than in previous games.
- The enemy creatures known as J’avo first came to prominence in the conflict zone of Eastern Europe and
have the ability to regenerate when injured; furthermore, if J’avo take substantial damage to a particular
area they can mutate the affected body part into a variety of different forms, meaning players will have to
rethink their strategy and adapt to this unpredictability.
- The C-virus has also given rise to the Chrysalide, which take the mutation process even further as they
undergo a full metamorphosis; spawning a whole host of horrific creatures.
- Play your way – Upgrade your character to provide faster reload speed, improved firepower or increase your health bar with the Character Skill system.
- Vehicle based action – Resident Evil 6 will include gameplay sections featuring vehicles such as
motorbikes, cars and snowmobiles.
- Mercenaries returns – Players will once more be able to enjoy the highly popular Mercenaries Mode.
- Redesigned control system – Resident Evil 6 features an evolved control system allowing players to shoot
whilst moving; slide; roll in any direction and to take cover along with the addition of an enhanced melee attack.