You are here: Homepage > Infamous Second Son
Go to the checkout
Product code New:238985 Used:238986
Developed exclusively for the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) system, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.’s (SCEI) next-generation computer entertainment system, by award-winning developer Sucker Punch Productions, inFAMOUS Second Son™ introduces a brand new origin story to the best-selling open-world, action-adventure franchise. Embark on a journey with new leading protagonist Delsin Rowe, a rebellious 24 year old Seattle native who unexpectedly discovers his own superhuman powers and is faced with making difficult choices in a society where superhumans are feared and ruthlessly hunted down. With the unique ability to control multiple powers that he draws out from other superhumans, Delsin will develop his own set of distinct powers that will evolve over time.
Continuing to innovate and build upon the pillars that made the inFAMOUS series a fan-favorite, inFAMOUS: Second Son takes full advantage of the PS4 system’s impressive processing power to deliver a fresh take on the series with the most realistic and immersive gameplay experience to date. Freely explore the real-world city of Seattle populated with highly detailed characters, and revel in a diverse set of powers using an intuitive control scheme that leverages the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller’s advancements. Through Delsin’s journey in Second Son, players will experience what it’s like to become truly superhuman.
After the conclusion of inFAMOUS 2, Cole MacGrath made the ultimate sacrifice to save humanity from the Beast. Seven years after Cole’s death, the last remaining superhumans have become the target of a newly formed government agency, the Department of Unified Protection (D.U.P), an oppressive organization tasked with apprehending these powerful superhumans and labeling them as bioterrorists. Near Delsin’s Native American reservation of Salmon Bay, a group of superhumans escape into Seattle after their transport vehicle crashes causing the D.U.P. to immediately lock down the city with emergency security measures. A witness to the accident, Delsin rushes in to help only to discover he is one of them, and will soon realize the impact of his decisions will ultimately change the future of everyone around him. Resistant to authority and convinced his potential for greatness lies within his newfound abilities, Delsin becomes determined to take down the D.U.P and make a difference in the world.
- New Origin Story – Experience a new origin story in the popular inFAMOUS franchise through the eyes of Delsin Rowe, a defiant 24 year old Seattle native, who makes the bold decision to challenge authority for what he believes is right.
- Multiple Powers – A franchise first, players have the ability to control not just one, but multiple powers including smoke, neon and more. Enhancements to particle effects create powers that are more visceral and forceful for attacking enemies.
- Impact of Player Choice – Experience the consequences of being superhuman. Witness how the city, the people you encounter, and even the story itself is all affected by the decisions you make throughout Delsin’s journey.
- True-to-Life Environments – Explore the Pacific Northwest city of Seattle. New rendering and effects deliver for highly-detailed and destructible environments and cityscapes with realistic weather and rain, reflections, shadows, and lighting. Recognizable landmarks like the Space
- Needle and Mount Rainer further grounds the player in this believable world.
- Freedom of Movement – As with prior installments in the inFAMOUS series, Second Son features a rich open-world that Delsin can easily traverse and explore using his superhuman abilities.
- Advanced Motion Capture Technology –Advanced 3D facial motion capture technology allows for ultra-realistic facial animation, creating characters that look more alive than ever to deliver an emotionally impactful cinematic storyline.
- Intuitive PS4 Controls – inFAMOUS: Second Son leverages the new features of the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to provide more streamlined and immersive controls, making it easier to move and use powers simultaneously. Enhancements to the dual analog sticks deliver improved accuracy and responsiveness, while integration of the touch pad creates new gameplay possibilities.